Columbia Entertainment Company
CALL FOR DIRECTORS
9 to 5: The Musical
Music & Lyrics by Dolly Parton. Book by Patricia Resmick
Performances: April 11-14; 18-21; 25-28, 2013
Audition dates will be set by the director with approval by the CEC Board of Directors.
TO APPLY: BY FRIDAY, JULY 27—Write a short letter stating your interest in directing this show. Please enclose: your resume, contact information, and a brief statement describing your ideas for the show. E-mail to: Judy Olson at email@example.com -- If you have questions, please e-mail to Judy also.
Your interview will be SATURDAY, AUGUST 18, 2012, at a time suitable for you and the committee.
Your presentation should be approximately 30 minutes & should include:
1) A more detailed statement of your vision for the show;
2) A sketch or model of your set—explaining the function, style, period, colors;
3) A description of costumes, props, furniture, set dressing—function, style, period, colors;
4) An explanation of your directing style/techniques & your approach to working with “untrained” actors;
5) A tentative rehearsal schedule;
6) A COMPLETE AND CONFIRMED list of your staff and their contact information—
assistant director, stage manager, technical director (set build), vocal music director, choreographer, piano player (rehearsals/performances), conductor (in charge of orchestra—getting the musicians and rehearsing them), props chair, costumer.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING WITH CEC.
Columbia Entertainment Company Community Theatre
1400 Forum Blvd., Ste. 38, Box 214, Columbia, MO, 65203
1800 Nelwood Drive, Columbia, MO 65202
(573) 474-3699 for reservations and information